In October 2011 approximately 20 people met to discuss the needs in the county for youth and families. There were representatives from:
- County agencies
- Non-profit agencies
- School districts
- Faith-based community
- Wayne Co. parents
Money from the Extended School Day/School Violence Prevention grant allowed the group to secure a consultant. The consultant guided the group through a Strategic Prevention Planning Process. There were three steps to the process:
- Survey all agencies and school districts to determine what programs already exist and what were the gaps in services.
- Look at the primary problems as indicated through surveys and other data gathered.
- Review the consultant’s Gap Analysis and determine areas to focus on as a committee.
In May 2012 the Planning Committee started to develop long terms goals that included having a countywide committee that would eventually have all grants serving families go through the committee. In addition, the Committee would be able to provide all agencies the necessary data to apply for grants.
In June 2012 the group agreed on the name of the committee as The Wayne County Partnership for Strengthening Families (WCPSF). The WCPSF decided to focus on three areas. The following areas were indentified:
- Academic performance
- Behavior Health
- Support systems for families
- The WCPSF started gathering data that included:
- Graduation rates, school attendance, literacy rates, kindergarten readiness,
- Domestic violence, child abuse, sexual abuse
- Substance abuse
- Mental health concerns
At this time the WCPSF discussed what groups need to be represented and an effort to recruit participants was set in place.
Current Partnership Members:
- Council on Alcoholism and Addiction of the Finger Lakes
- Delphi Drug & Alcohol Council
- Wayne ARC
- Wayne Behavior Health Network
- Wayne County Dept. of Aging and Youth
- Wayne County Dept of Social Services
- Wayne County Probation
- Wayne County Rural Health Network
- Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES
- Catholic Charities of Wayne County
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Family Counseling Service of the Finger Lakes
- Finger Lakes Addictions Counseling & Referral Agency
- Lyons Central School District
- Newark Central School District
- Clyde Central School District
- North Rose-Wolcott Central School District
- Sodus Central School District
- Wayne Central School District
- Palmyra-Macedon Central School District
- Evalumetrics Research
- Pioneer Library System
- Scarlet Thread Ministries
- Wayne County Public Health
- Wayne County Workforce Development
- Wayne County Action Program
WC Partnership for Strengthening Families meets five times annually.